We are looking for an Accountant with experience in maintaining a general ledger including processing accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining fixed assets. The ideal candidate is organized with proven experience in maintaining records and posting transactions in a timely manner. This position requires attention to detail, problem solving and team working competencies.
• Performing general accounts payable functions including checking, verifying and processing invoices, entering accounts payable data, and maintaining vendor files. Using strong analytical skills to ensure payments are posted to correct balance sheet accounts and that they roll up into the correct expense classification.
• Performing general accounts receivable functions including the preparation of customer invoices, receiving and posting payments as well as the maintenance customer files
• Perform bank and credit card reconciliation, matching transactions to expense accounts.
• Preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. Performing general journal entry adjustments at month end to accrue expenses and unearned revenue. Performing Balance Sheet Account reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure account balances are correctly stated.
• Developing and adhering to strong internal control structure and procedures. Draft recommendations for new and necessary controls for review by the Accounting Manager and Controller.
• Assuming responsibility for inventory accounting including valuation, reconciliation and all accounting entries and adjustments
• Performing compliance review of expense reports in addition to processing. Providing recommendations for report policy updates as needed
• Modifying and documenting accounting procedures for understanding, backup and cross training
• Handling all client matters with strict confidentiality
• Handling ad-hoc project requests to analyze financial information and find cost reduction opportunities
Headquartered in New York City since 2007, Persistent Systems, LLC is a global communications technology company which develops, manufactures, and integrates a patented and secure Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) system: Wave Relay®. The company’s industry leading R&D team has designed wireless networking protocols to support their cutting edge Wave Relay® system and technology. Wave Relay® is capable of running data, video, voice and other applications under the most difficult and unpredictable conditions. Their suite of products is field proven and utilized in Commercial, Military, Government, Industrial, Agriculture, Robotics, and Unmanned System markets.