Persistent Systems is seeking an experienced operations leader to manage all aspects of Production, Quality, and Shipping/Receiving. As both an original equipment manufacturer and a full communications solution supplier, Persistent Systems’ operations span the globe and include over 75 manufacturers, distributors, and service providers. The Operations Manager will work closely with the Engineering, Accounting, and Business Development departments to ensure that Persistent Systems delivers its customers’ orders on time with industry-leading quality!
· Establish operations short and long term strategic objectives. Plan, direct, manage and oversee Production, Quality, Shipping/Receiving, and Maintenance.
· Report and track operational key performance indicators including yield, on-time-delivery, unit cost, scrap rate, inventory and initiate, prioritize, and execute continuous improvement initiatives
· Lead organizational planning at all levels including training and certification programs, succession planning, and continuing development.
· Establish and monitor operations budget; identify and implement improvements to positively affect profitability.
· Remove production constraints, drive efficiency, identify opportunities for automation and create strategy for capacity management
· Forecast and set production schedules ensuring on-time deliveries
· Ensure necessary inventory levels while operating at the highest efficiency possible
· Monitor and enforce quality control standards
· Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, including ISO Certification
· Work with Human Resources to establish and enforce safety programs
· Support and facilitate new product development and other operational and engineering objectives
· Participate in the development of inventory control, material resource planning and ERP system
· Oversee and coordinate the transition of new product development from engineering to production. Work closely with engineering to ensure a seamless evolution from final design through quality control, supply chain and production specifications".
· Work closely with the Engineering, Accounting, and Business Development departments to ensure that Persistent Systems delivers its customers’ orders on time with industry-leading quality.
Relocation Assistance is available for this position.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
· 10+ years of progressive experience (including management roles) in manufacturing that incudes roles in production and, quality control.
· 3+ years’ experience with an electronics manufacturer
· Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, lean manufacturing techniques, and 5s
· ISO9000 quality system experience (operations, procedures, documentation)
· Proficiency in Quickbooks / ERP / MRP / Excel / Access or similar systems
· Experience in a Fortune 500 company
· Six Sigma certified: green or black belt
· Experience interfacing and communicating with vendors
· Knowledge of wireless communication systems (commercial and military)
Headquartered in New York City since 2007, Persistent Systems, LLC is a global communications technology company which develops, manufactures, and integrates a patented and secure Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) system: Wave Relay®. The company’s industry leading R&D team has designed wireless networking protocols to support their cutting edge Wave Relay® system and technology. Wave Relay® is capable of running data, video, voice and other applications under the most difficult and unpredictable conditions. Their suite of products is field proven and utilized in Commercial, Military, Government, Industrial, Agriculture, Robotics, and Unmanned System markets.